Wednesday, January 07, 2015

THANK GOD FOR SHUT DOORS!

I started my gratitude challenge few days ago and it’s seems my own one day is like a thousand year. Anyway, I need to complete my second day now. On this Day 2, I want to appreciate God for SHUT DOORS! I know it’s natural to give God thanks when doors are opened to us but over the years I have come to realize that had God not shut some doors – of opportunities, relationships, traveling etc., I would have self-destruct. Many of us have been to many “houses” (of drugs, alcoholism, immorality, crack etc.) and we wanted to remain there but God shut the door and led us into the “HOUSE on the ROCK”. I want to specifically appreciate God for SHUTTING DOORS in two major areas among many years ago: 


DOOR OF TRAVELING OVERSEAS SHUT: The time people wanted me to travel abroad, God shut the door and ensured that every promise from families and relations met with huge disappointments. I later realized that sometimes when men disappoints you, it’s because God has another appointment for you. Time will fail me to narrate the drama that led to my relocation to the United States but it was indeed an act of God’s faithfulness. I want to appreciate my dear “Mummy”- Mrs. Tinuade Olla and her family for allowing God to use them as our main ‘entry point’ to our second earthly home country. “Mummy and Daddy Jersey", your love is always appreciated. Guess what, the people that promised to help you and failed to make it good at any point, don’t hate on them or wish them any evil, believe that their help is meant for someone else. Life goes on. 

DOOR OF MARITAL RELATIONSHIP SHUT: One of the major decisions that everyone who has not been given the gift of celibacy will make in life is the choice of who to marry. I still remember vividly that one of the major prayers my “lady friends” (in Poly Ibadan, NCCF Bayelsa, IVCUPGF etc.) always pray is, “Brother Sam, may God give you your wife”. Even though I made several attempts to enter into some door of relationships permanently, one way or the other, God shut those doors. I can’t imagine a better woman in my life than my wife of more than 130 months. Guess what, it gladdens my heart to see today that some “doors” that were closed to me in those days were opened to some other great men in the lives of those ladies (now women today). Again, don’t be mad about a “shut door”, it’s because the door is meant for someone else. Therefore I celebrate every lady/sister (now woman) that “life” brought into my life at one point or another in those years. You are part of my story that has become HIS-Story. Once again, Daddy God, I thank You for shut doors! 


Note: Please remember to post your comments at below on the "Post Comments" box

No comments:

Post a Comment