Wednesday, January 07, 2015

“…I’M NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE...” – Lebron James

“…I’M NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE...” – Lebron James (See video on http://youtu.be/SyeE5OOrCXQ)

That statement made by the greatest basketball player on earth, Lebron James has stayed with me since he uttered those words few years ago, “I’m not even supposed to be here”. Until July 10, 1994, life was great but not meaningful to me because I had not fully surrendered my heart to the Author of Life. Therefore my appreciation and gratitude today goes to: 

1. GOD, who closed the doors to other colleges and universities when I was dying to go there but opened THE DOOR of admission to The Polytechnic Ibadan, Nigeria (1994). In spite of my funny lifestyle up till that moment, MERCY located me and I gave my heart to Jesus.“I am not even supposed to be here”. I’m eternally grateful to everyone that crossed my path throughout my four years in The Polytechnic Ibadan (Space will not be enough if I mention names). That single decision is the reason why I’m still here. You see,

20 years after with Pastor OJ in Nigeria
2. HELPERS OF DESTINY, Many of my friends who knew me before I went to SPCC on July 10, 1994 were quick to testify that something HAPPENED to Sam that day. I’m eternally grateful to Pastor Olubi Johnson for his message on ‘Spiritual Time Management’ that day. Even though I could not understand most of the things he was saying, the only thing I heard was, “The Spirit and the Bride is calling, would you come?” It was an invitation to the palace of the King and I’m glad I honored it. It will be surprising to know that I did not set out on that day to attend Pastor Olubi’s church but going for a different program with a friend.
With Omo Alagbe in '96

We already walked pass Pastor Olubi’s church when I had a problem with my shoe and I decided I was going back to campus, because one of the major “missions” we were going to accomplish at this other place will be messed up without a good shoe. The moment we were about to pass the exit to SPCC, my friend (helper of destiny) persuaded me that we should go to this nearby church. Even though he was much as far away from God as I was at that time, he persuaded me! No matter how powerful the message that Pastor Olubi prepared that day, if “Omo Alagbe”, the Best Man at my wedding, Fisayo Alagbe did not yield himself to be used by God that moment, may be you will not be able to read my testimony today. Guess what, one of the people that made fun of me in college most for given my heart to Jesus was “Omo Alagbe” but today he is a firebrand for the Lord. You will forever be my brother buddy! You see, without you and Pastor Olubi, “I am not even supposed to be here.”

3. AND MANY OTHERS: Few people among many contributed to the foundation laying of the Christian life I’m enjoying today. Our foundation not only determines our strength in life but also predicts how far we can go. How best can I show appreciation to one of the finest saints of God, Bro. Sola Akinsola (Orisun Hall Pastor) who single-handedly picked me up like a baby and not just taught me Christianity101 but lived it before me. Many times after fellowship is over at NLT North Campus, one of the few names that we hear people (mostly sisters) calling for one discussion or another is “Bro. Sola”. Among many things, he taught me how to love people and really care. I can never forget Bro. Sola’s "FellowSist” meetings.
Even though for some strange reasons, I do not have a single picture of you and I have desperately looked for you over the years without any luck, wherever you are on this side of eternity, know that your impact still speaks and I’m eternally grateful.

Time will fail me to talk about Pastor A. T. Raymond (The Glorious Church), Pastor Moses Olaniyi (The Impossicant Pastor), Bro. Sam Omowaye, Evangelist Morgan Olukayode Emmanuel, Evangelist Akinfenwa, Pastor Abraham (Pastor AB), Reverend Bolaji AdeIsrael, my fiery Pastor Pertru Onyedikachi, Pastor Bunmi A. Paul, Rev. Gbeminiyi Eboda, Bro. Biodun Ologunebi, Engr. Wale Alao, all the Executive Members of Christian Union Poly Ibadan (94/95set) etc. Thanks you all for giving to the Lord and I’m eternally grateful. You see without those people, “I’m not even supposed to be here”.

Note: Please don't forget to post your comment below on this page in the "Post a Comment" box.

No comments:

Post a Comment