Saturday, January 10, 2015

I'M GRATEFUL! Gracias! Gracias!!


“This knows also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, UNTHANKFUL, unholy,  Without natural affection, truce-breakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God” 
(2Timothy 3:1-4).

As I read this passage of Scripture today, I discovered afresh that one of the negative attitudes that people will develop towards God, people, organization, system etc. in the days we live in is UNTHANKFULNESS (INGRATITUDE or lack of APPRECIATION) for any or all acts of kindness. Then it dawned on me that it is one thing to show your appreciation to people secretly with a little note or card but it is another thing to openly or publicly acknowledge the blessings of God in our lives through people. Now this will become my habit henceforth, every January, I will take time to openly appreciate the people that make most impacts in my life and family the previous year even if I have done that during the year. When I began to compile the list for 2014, I was amazed! I know some people don’t like to be appreciated openly but guess what, sometimes it is not about the other person but about you and your covenant principle with God. I will do this in categories. 

Mike Murdock said one of the greatest honors and privileges a man/woman (especially preachers) can receive is to be asked by another person to mount the podium/pulpit to speak to others. It means they believe and receive your ministry, gifting and your person. I want to appreciate among many these few ministries/churches/organizations/schools that provided me the platform to physically minister, preach, teach, encourage, instruct others in 2014:
  • Pastors Gbemi and Richard Olajide, Christ-Touch Ministries, Texas. I’m grateful for the relationship that started between my family and yours strangely. You will forever be our brother/sister in Him. 
  •  Bishop and First Lady Tony Osuobeni, New Season Assembly, Columbus. I still remember the message, “Developing a Winning Spirit”, I was terribly blessed myself. Thanks for the opportunity. 
  •  Pastors Dupe & Yemi Olumuyide, Kings Ambassadors Ministries, Ohio. Your Dare to Dream conference was a blessing. Thanks for the privilege. 
  •  Pastors Simbo Odunaiya & Opeyemi Adesanya, Christ International Community Church, Ohio. The message of Rejoicing became my song for the rest of the year. Thanks for the opportunity. 
  •  Pastors Abimbola & Sanya Oyedola, Sanctuary of Hope Church, Columbus. I enjoyed leading prayer sessions at your meetings. Thanks for the relationship. 
  •  Pastor Opeyemi Bornstar Adesanya, Yoruba Breakthrough Service, Ohio. What an opportunity to minister in song in my native dialect. Most grateful to God. 
  •  Pastors Amos & Bosede Adetunji, Christ Harvest Church, Columbus. You resurrected my Yoruba speaking ability again through your ministry. You are blessed and I’m thankful. 
  • The Entire Planning Committee for AACHSA Reunion 2014 (North America Chapter). I literally saw the fulfillment of God’s promise that I will stand before kings to declare His counsel. Thanks for the opportunity to bring a word during the last day of the Reunion in Ohio and it was a great honor to have the Olori and HRM Oba (Prof.) Akinola A. Owosekun, the Asotun of Isotun-Ijesha at the meeting.
    HRM Oba Akinola and his Wife (5th and 6th from LHS)
  •  Pastors Florence & Emmanuel Inah, Winners Christian Ministries, Ohio. Thanks for the opportunity. 
  •  The entire leadership team of Ibadan Varsity Christian Union, Postgraduate Fellowship, University of Ibadan, Nigeria. What a privilege to stand before the saints of God on campus to minister the word of life. I’m grateful!
    L-R: Dr. Praise Adeyemo, Me and the President

    Group Picture with Some of the Fellowship Members
  • Pastors Bukola & Bunmi A. Paul, Word Garden Chapel, Ibadan Nigeria. I’m grateful for the relationship and the privilege. You will forever be part of my family.
    Pastor Bunmi and his lovely family with the Kuyes in Ibadan
  • Pastors Evelyn & Abraham Raymond, End-Time Triumphant Church, Ibadan Nigeria.


What about schools and organizations? In 2014, my family is grateful to God for the privilege to teach and impart knowledge to students through their platforms. Among such institutions are:
     
     
Some of the students during the 2014 Bridge Program

How about hundreds of people all around the globe that yielded the platform of their hearts to receive our ministry through Facebook, Whatsapp, Blogs, Emails, Text Messages, Phone Conversations etc. I'm grateful to God for your life and constant feedback in 2014. You will forever by my brothers and sisters.


Jerry Stephens
I know this might sound strange to some people but I'm thankful to the people that provided some major services to me in 2014. The guy that cut my hair making sure I don't appear unkept. Thanks for your care. My good friend and business partner, Jerry Stephens of Ministry Consulting Group who prepared our taxes last year. I'm grateful for your help.Without the help of a team of people led by our wonderful brother and friend, "Engr." Niyi Ajibade and Big Aunty Lola Akinrinade, it would have been difficult for my family to have a memorable experience during our recent trip. Thanks for your love always.

I'm also thankful to our dentist, physicians, the librarians, the guys that fixed our cars (@Midas), the guys that delivered our mails to ensure we are not late on bills, the guys that cleaned our carpets for us to keep my wife from being stressed out (laughs), the teachers at Polaris Christian Academy that impart the knowledge (of God and academics) to our kids and of course their Sunday School teachers, and the great worship team at our local assembly that made the worship of God big in our hearts every Sunday in 2014 etc. We are grateful to y'all.

I'm also grateful to Dish Network for providing the platform for me to be of help to hundreds of people in America through service. I meditate more on this quote by George Washington Carver because of my work through Dish, “How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these”.

Finally, I want to appreciate all the great men and women that God used to speak words of encouragement, grace, power into our lives and family directly or indirectly in 2014. The list is huge but I will mention few names: 

  • My biological mum, Mrs. Mary Kuye, who constantly say to us, "The grace that distinguish men in their generation, heaven will release upon you." We are grateful for your life ma'am.
  • My Parents-in-Love, Daddy and Mummy Okeniyi. Your main prayer every time is, "E o ri aanu gba" (You will always enjoy the mercy of God). You are simply the best! 
  • My Pastors and Mentors (both near and in proxy) - Pastors Sam & Funmi Adeyemi, Pastor A.T. Raymond, Pastor CNS Prince, Bishop & First Lady Osuobeni, Pst. Femi Oyewusi, Pastors Yemisi and Ayo Popoola (Best Uncle&Aunty),  Rev. Bolaji Adeisrael, Pastor Pertru Okebugwu, Dr. Henry Jones, Bishop T.D. Jakes, Bishop David Oyedepo etc. Thanks for giving to the Lord, you are forever part of our family.

Did I say finally before? this supposed to be the final one. Once again, I'm thankful to the Almighty God that kept His covenant of peace, protection, life etc over my life and family in 2014. Only You I Will Serve, I have no other God.

NOTE: If I did not mention you or your service in my gratitude note, forgive me, it is not deliberate. Gracias!

No comments:

Post a Comment