Monday, January 05, 2015

My Recent Trip to Nigeria: Visiting My "Roots" - Pt. 1

University of Ibadan, IVCUPGF, December 8, 2014 

Ibadan Varsity Christian Union (Postgraduate Fellowship, Nigeria) meant so much to me because it is one my “roots” when I think of spiritual formation. It was in that fellowship that I met some of the best lovers of God. It was while there that my relationship with my fiancee (now my wife of almost 12 years) was further nurtured. It was while I was part of that fellowship that my relocation to the States (my new home) was birthed. It was in that fellowship that the practicality of Mark 11:23-24 was entrenched on my heart. Can I tell you more? 

I saw the life transforming power of the Holy Spirit displayed firsthand in the life of a young aspiring lawyer (now certified, happily married with children) while I was in that fellowship. I received (possibly) my first gift for preaching the message of hope to fellow students (a Five-Alive Drink) while in that fellowship. There is something about your “root”. 

It was such a great privilege and honor to minister to saints at that same fellowship during my recent brief visit to Nigeria. I will eternally be grateful to God for allowing me pass through the University of Ibadan. And big thanks to my amiable friend (then General Secretary and now a Doctor of Mathematics in U.I), Dr. Praise Adeyemo for making it possible, my 2gether4ever couple, Pastor and Mrs. Oyebola and Pastor Bunmi A. Paul for their presence. And of course, I’m grateful to the current executives of IVCUPG fellowship for the privilege to be a blessing.

FotoSpeak 

During my Recent Visit.
With the 2gether4ever Couple, Pastor and Mrs. Oyebola
With Dr. Praise and IVCUPGF president
With some of the members

Some faces while we were there more than a decade ago


The Executives of the fellowship then (2001/2002)
(From L-R, Tope, Sam, Nkiru, Praise and Kecy)

To God be all the glory for great things He has done and He is doing and will yet do. Watch out for my next post on the continuation of the narrative of my recent visit to my "Roots"



No comments:

Post a Comment